Come & celebrate Blackwood Pubs 150th year with us!
Join us at the street fair during the Blackwood Hotel & Community 150th Celebrations!
When: Saturday, 19th May 2018
Where: The Blackwood Hotel and surrounding streets
Time: 11:00am – 6:00pm
COST: 3x3m stall @$30 for the day (by application & prepaid)
Birthday celebrations will have something for every age including;
– Cobb & Co carriage rides
– Jumping Castle
– Bucking Bronco for those wanting a little adventure!
– Fairy floss
– Bush ranger histories and talks
– Stalls of crafts, goodies and food
– Historical Society displays
– Ghosts! Learn the paranormal history of the Pub and it’s “not-so-alive” residents…
– Gold Panning
– Come and have a yarn – hear from past publicans and the stories they have to tell
– Live music all day
– Children’s activities,
– Wildlife display
STREET FAIR: May 19, 2018
The Blackwood CERT is seeking fine food and beverage producers, local farm stalls, traditional tradespeople, instrument makers, artists, crafters and retailers that showcase bespoke and handcrafted wares to present at the Blackwood Pubs 150th year celebrations.
The Blackwood Hotel was built in 1868 & is the oldest weatherboard pub with a continuous licence.
Once a bustling gold-mining town, Blackwood was a regular stop on the Cobb & Co route, with a population of 30,000 people – all seeking their fortune in gold.
In 1867, Bridget Cruise, lost her pub to fire, & then her husband died leaving her with 4 children (&& another 3 in the Blackwood Cemetery). The very next year she presided over a grand ball for the opening of the new hotel she built.
Fast forward 150 years & while the gold & miners have gone, the Blackwood Pub remains & is the golden nugget in this quiet, peaceful village. To celebrate, the community is taking their cue from this inspirational woman & celebrating the pubs anniversary with a street fair.
There will be music, magic, history, tours, rides, artisan & produce stalls as well as plenty of food & what ever breverage tickles your fancy,
If you need to ask us about the day before applying please fill out this form:
Let your fans know you’ll be there …
- Download the image below (right click & save) & add it to your social media pages so your fans can come & say hello.
- Also, from now until the event, we’ll be doing stallholder shout-outs for those who include their facebook pages in their application.